Stop wasting precious time watching someone else live their Dream and START working on YOURS!
It’s 9pm and you are wrapping up your day with hopes of getting a few tasks done and you remember that you didn’t post that pic you wanted to post or you forgot to check your email, etc. You log onto your computer or get on your cell phone and find yourself surfing through FaceBook or Snap Chat, Instagram or Twitter.
Before you realize it, your eyes are getting weary and would you look at the time…
Two hours have passed and you say to yourself, “okay, one more scroll“, as if you will miss something and thirty minutes later you’re still scrolling. Hopping from one social media platform to another, answering replies, sending hearts, watching videos and forgetting the important task you set for yourself. You even pass posts of businesses and other entrepreneurs only to find yourself feeling some kind of way because you should be doing the same thing. After all, you are trying to launch your own business right?!
“Help me to focus”, you think to yourself as you begin badgering yourself for wasting another night on other peoples business and not your own.
So what’s a girl to do?
Discipline yourself. If you are starting your own thing, a side hustle, you are now the owner and CEO of your new concept and if you don’t do the work needed to get it launched, it won’t!
How can you discipline yourself when Social Media is so addicting?
- Be proactive, not reactive. Don’t wait to respond to a situation but prepare for it.
- Make a plan and follow that plan! If you fail to plan, you plan to fail. If you don’t plan your day, someone will put their plans on you.
- Write your goals down and check them off as you complete them, leaving social media at the end of the list. (Hmmm) This will keep you from being tempted to surf the social web because you didn’t log in to your account so you don’t see the social media feeds.
- Set a timer on your phone as a reminder to complete a task from your list to keep you on track.
- Keep your phone in another room, far away from you when working on your tasks and place it on vibrate, silence or go completely off the grid to avoid interruptions.
- Turn off notifications and check your updates less often.
- Employ a friend or life partner to keep you accountable to help you continue moving forward.
- If all else fails, seek professional help…lol. If you cannot get serious about fulfilling your goals and dreams then don’t bother.
If you have ideas of how you keep you focused and fight off the social media surf minions, I’d love to hear from you!
Post your comments below! You may help someone in need!